Learn the Basics of Fashion Sketching in Illustrator with These 8 Eye-Opening Video Tutorials
Recently, I’ve become very interested in graphic design for the fashion industry. You may have seen a fashion sketch that I designed in Illustrator a while back. Most typical graphic designers probably don’t think of the fashion industry when they are thinking about where they might find a job but what many of us don’t realize is that the fashion industry employs many graphic designers as well as fashion designers.
While researching graphic design for the fashion industry I came across this amazing set of videos by Professor Elaine Polvinen who teaches Fashion Textile Technology at Buffalo State University. In her videos, she shows many techniques that graphic designers for the fashion industry use. You should also take a look at her blog. She has quite a few useful tips for fashion designers and people looking to enhance their design skills.
- Making a T-Shirt Design in Illustrator
- Create a Fashion Flat in Illustrator
- Adding Color and Texture to a Fashion Flat in Photoshop
- Create a Fashion Flat of a Shirt and Short from a Photo in Illustrator
- Adding Color and Texture to a Fashion Flat of a Shirt and Short in Photoshop
- Create a Fashion Flat of a Shirt and Apply a Pattern in Illustrator
- Create a Fashion Croquee Template in Illustrator
- Create a Fashion Croquee Garment Sketch in Illustrator
For more videos visit Professor Polvinem’s website or she has many more video tutorials on fashion sketching as well as some Illustrator basics.